Tuesday, February 15, 2011

How Long Brazillian Heal

Sidi Logo vs. Mavic ProRoad - my new road bike shoes

So now you have already a few hundred test miles in the carbon sole, the new race shoes from Mavic, and it's worth a few words.

As you fight, the French, compared to the Italian top dog Sidi, whose low-cost entry-level model (logo), I've been driving a year?

Well, excellent, I would almost say.

First of all I am - as an old Werbefuzzi - first of all very impressed with the quality of the product packaging. Sure, the bears now on to round kick or not really helps to prevent blisters, but I am of the opinion that a product that the 200 € limit breaks, also like to like 200 € must be packed.

And this is it - the box is almost too good to him to burn in the fireplace. The
Mavic's new I've done to me, because I only once a stiffer sole and secondly a lighter shoe promise. Not that the Sidis are bad - in fact, the shoes are easy to clean, very robust processes, and quality. There is no real reason to replace it.

But a plastic sole is just not 100 & ig stiff. Since I expect from carbon already in better performance.

addition outweigh the Sidis (with cleats) just over 700 grams - Mavic bring it (with cleats) to just 650 grams Not much, it seems, but at least a small advantage, which I still hold in the hand can feel.

The Mavic fit me like a glove right away. The ratchet lock allows for precise adjustment of the resistance - in the Sidis had one with the 3 Velcro straps rather problems.

first round of tests - and now almost 300 km role - can be glimpsed the sure: The lower weight, higher stiffness of the sole carbon and fine-tuned, because individually adjustable strength of the shoes they can perform better.

Some cuts but I have to do.

It is the simple, simple velcro, which makes the Sidis less prone to defects. If, however, with the Mavic once denied the ratchet their service or fail due to wear, is the shoe almost to no longer use (and the spare part in question is ... questionable ratchets).

On the other hand it is a carbon fiber sole to the Mavic ProRoad, which causes me to the first input and notched forehead wrinkles: The carbon is at the contact area with the pedals not protected and so show up already deep scratches in the composite.

hardly imagine how the sole looks like after a year of continuous use. And so I must like it or not every few weeks, a new layer stick fabric tape to protect the vulnerable fibrous material.

Two negative points of an otherwise impeccable record. A balance sheet, and the current edition of the BDR-Journal RennRad (3 / 2011) confirmed. However, I agree with the final judgments on limited test: The editor writes that "The Umlenkseile of Klett's press light" - for me expresses absolutely nothing. And: "The ratchet slips under load."

So, I can connect and draw how I want - the ratchet sits bomb-proof!

But one that have the Mavic Sidi definitely ahead: The much more stylish, better quality design.

0 comments:

Post a Comment